Custodial Services. Today’s trustees have unique needs.
a well-designed estate plan – and creating a trust as part of that plan
– is one compelling step toward protecting and distributing your assets
to your heirs with minimal cost and taxation.
may choose to be your own trustee. Often, those who choose to serve as
their own trustees quickly discover they have much responsibility and
could benefit a great deal from expert advice. Some may require
recommendations on the appropriate trust structure. Others may
understandably need direction on investment policy, accounting or
distribution of the trust’s assets. Still others may enjoy the many
responsibilities of serving as trustee, but simply want general
guidance and assistance with bookkeeping.
An agent provides just the right level of support.
Appointing Capital City Bank to serve as your agent is appropriate for any trustee who:
· Needs assets segregated for accounting purposes.
· Requires separate tracking of principal and interest income.
· Needs assistance with tax accounting of any kind.
· Requires a third-party statement for auditing purposes.
· Would like to have a custodian assist in the transfer of assets to a successor trustee when he or she passes away.
· Is unfamiliar with the working of trusts and wants guidance in interpreting the trust documents.
· Does not have time to manage his or her own account.
In addition, this type of relationship can provide you with an alternative to an attorney or accountant.