Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) offer you an opportunity to earn a higher rate of return on a safe, secure investment. You can select from a wide range of Capital City Bank CDs, with terms ranging from 14 days to 5 years. With full FDIC insurance coverage up to the maximum allowed by law, this might be the right investment option for you.
- Fixed rate of interest for the term of the CD
- Automatically renews
- Grace period of 10 calendar days after maturity to withdraw funds without a penalty (14-day CD has a 3-day grace period)
- Flexible interest payment options
Withdrawals prior to maturity may be subject to an early withdrawal penalty.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) can be an important part of a savings plan to provide for a financially secure retirement. IRAs offer you important tax-savings advantages, including tax deferrals on interest earnings until withdrawal. Capital City Bank offers fixed rate IRA investments with terms from 12 months to 60 months for both Traditional and Roth IRAs. Please consult with your tax advisor regarding deductibility of contributions and other tax benefits.
- A Traditional IRA is a tax-deferred retirement savings account. You pay taxes on your earnings only when you make withdrawals. You are eligible for a Traditional IRA if you are under the age of 70-1/2 for the entire tax year, and either you or your spouse had earned income within that year.
- A Roth IRA is an Individual Retirement Account to which you make contributions with after-tax dollars. The benefits of a Roth IRA are that your contributions can grow tax-free, and you can generally make withdrawals tax-free and penalty-free after you reach age 59 and 1/2 if the account has been open at least five years.